Monday, August 9, 2010

PROFANING THE LORDS SABBATH; FORSAKING GOD'S LAW (PART I.)

Ezekiel 20:11-13 (New King James Version)

11 And I gave them My statutes and showed them My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them.’ 12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them. 13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’;and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths. Then I said I would pour out My fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them.



Ezekiel 20:16 (New King James Version)

16 because they despised My judgments and did not walk in My statutes, but profaned My Sabbaths; for their heart went after their idols.



Ezekiel 20:18-20 (New King James Version)

18 “But I said to their children in the wilderness, ‘Do not walk in the statutes of your fathers, nor observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols. 19 I am the LORD your God: Walk in My statutes, keep My judgments, and do them; 20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.’

Ezekiel 20:24 (New King James Version)

24 because they had not executed My judgments, but had despised My statutes, profaned My Sabbaths, and their eyes were fixed on their fathers’ idols.

Ezekiel 22:8 (New King James Version)

8 You have despised My holy things and profaned My Sabbaths.


Ezekiel 22:26 (New King James Version)

26 Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Ezekiel 23:37-39 (New King James Version)

37 For they have committed adultery, and blood is on their hands. They have committed adultery with their idols, and even sacrificed their sons whom they bore to Me, passing them through the fire, to devour them. 38 Moreover they have done this to Me: They have defiled My sanctuary on the same day and profaned My Sabbaths. 39 For after they had slain their children for their idols, on the same day they came into My sanctuary to profane it; and indeed thus they have done in the midst of My house.


Isaiah 56 (New King James Version)

Salvation for the Gentiles
 1 Thus says the LORD:


      “ Keep justice, and do righteousness,
      For My salvation is about to come,
      And My righteousness to be revealed.
       2 Blessed is the man who does this,
      And the son of man who lays hold on it;
      Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
      And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”



4 For thus says the LORD:

      “ To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
      And choose what pleases Me,
      And hold fast My covenant,
       5 Even to them I will give in My house
      And within My walls a place and a name
      Better than that of sons and daughters;
      I will give them an everlasting name
      That shall not be cut off.


6 “ Also the sons of the foreigner
      Who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him,
      And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants—
      Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,



Isaiah 57 (New King James Version)

Israel’s Futile Idolatry

11 “ And of whom have you been afraid, or feared,
      That you have lied
      And not remembered Me,
      Nor taken it to your heart?
      Is it not because I have held My peace from of old
      That you do not fear Me?
       12 I will declare your righteousness
      And your works,




Isaiah 58 (New King James Version)


2 Yet they seek Me daily,
      And delight to know My ways,
      As a nation that did righteousness,
      And did not forsake the ordinance of their God.
      They ask of Me the ordinances of justice;
      They take delight in approaching God.




13 “ If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
      From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
      And call the Sabbath a delight,
      The holy day of the LORD honorable,
      And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
      Nor finding your own pleasure,
      Nor speaking your own words,
       14 Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD;
      And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
      And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
      The mouth of the LORD has spoken.”


Psalms 89:30 HNV
If his children forsake My law, And don't walk in My ordinances;

Psalms 78:1 HNV
Hear My law, My people. Turn your ears to the words of My mouth.

Psalms 119:30 HNV
I have chosen the way of truth. I have set my heart on Your law.

Proverbs 4:2 HNV
For I give you sound learning. Don't forsake My law.

Jeremiah 6:19
King James Version 


Hear , O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
Hosea 4:6 HNV
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, That you may be no Kohen [priests] to Me. Because you have forgotten your God's law, I will also forget your children.

Hosea 8:12 HNV
I wrote for him the many things of My law; But they were regarded as a strange thing.

Isaiah 51 (New International Version)

Everlasting Salvation for Zion

7 "Hear Me, you who know what is right,
       you people who have My law in your hearts:
       Do not fear the reproach of men
       or be terrified by their insults.

 8 For the moth will eat them up like a garment;
       the worm will devour them like wool.
       But My righteousness will last forever,
       My salvation through all generations.
"



Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but My salvation shall be forever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished . (KJV Isaiah 51:6)

1 comment:

  1. And I gave them My Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and Me. It was to remind them that I, the LORD, had set them apart to be holy, making them My special people.(Ezekiel 20:12 NLT)

    ReplyDelete